Attitude an Marketing Essay

1894 Words Feb 9th, 2015 8 Pages
Attitude a marketing strategy for marketers
Oluwajimi Taiwo
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Fall semester Term paper

Attitude is everything. A good example of attitude is an iceberg in the artic. In real life you see 10% of the iceberg which is visible above sea level and the remainder of the iceberg 90% is below sea level. From the example 10% is how we behave as a result of attitude we have below the sea level. The 90% which comprises of attitude mostly also include beliefs, values, motives and culture. Attitude is more important than facts. Attitude how does it affect people? It affects people by changing their mood. According to Charles Swindell, people are now convinced that life is ten percent of what happens to people and
…show more content…
Michael Jordan is my Favorite athlete and I have a positive outlook of Michael Jordan. As a result of my attitude towards Michael Jordan and his performance in the NBA I decide to buy the shoe. The positive attitude I have about Michael has influenced me to make a buying decision. This example explains how marketers are able to change or influence consumers buying behavior. It has been conceptualized that attitude have three major component: (1) the cognitive, or knowledge, component, (2) the affective, emotional, component, and (3) the conative, or behavioral-tendency, component. The affective component, which entails the individual’s feelings or emotional reactions towards an object. For example, Ruth says I am scared of spider is an illustration of the affective component of attitude. The behavioral component, which encompasses the tendency to act in certain ways towards the object. For example, Ruth will always avoid spiders and if she sees one she will scream is an illustration of the behavioral-tendency component of attitude. The cognitive component, which contains the individual’s perceptions and knowledge about an object. For example, Ruth believes spiders are dangerous is an illustration of the cognitive component of attitude. These components has been coined to be called multi-attribute models and they have continued to be theoretical work done on them by academicians and marketers to fully understand how they work. Marketers have

Related Documents