Asia Brands business operation can be traced back to 1970 as a fabric and clothing manufacturer, and it has since expanded into retailing apparel, footwear and other accessories of its in-house brands as well as international labels through consignment outlets or its own retail stores. Asia Brands launched its in-house brands Antioni (sports-inspired fashion) and Bontton (casual wear) subsequently after the company moved to its new manufacturing facility in Kepong back in 1985. In the 1990s, the company saw the need to learn the marketing skills of international brands. Thus, it took up the master license for the renowned American brand “B.U.M. Equipment” (American lifestyle fashion) in 1993 and then …show more content…
Asia Brands Key Management Team
Name Position Background
Ng Chin Huat Chairman/Non-Independent
Non-Executive Director • Appointed to the Board on the 1st March 2011.
• His previous experiences include working as an Actuary Trainee with Prudential Singapore, as well as in the stock broking industry.
• He is currently the Executive Chairman of Asia Brands Corporation Berhad and the Non-Executive Chairman of Asia Brands Berhad.
• He is a substantial shareholder of the Asia Brands Berhad via his direct interest in Everest Hectare S/B.
Kong Sau Kian Independent Non-Executive
Director • Appointed to the Board on the 1st March 2011.
• He is a member of the Malaysia Institute of Accountants.
• His experiences prior to joining the group include audit, corporate restructuring, acquisition audit and other special assignments.
• Mr. Kong also sits on the board of LBS Bina Group Berhad and LBI Capital Berhad.
Lim Kim Meng Independent Non-Executive
Director • Appointed to the Board on the 1st March …show more content…
Incorporated in 1971 as proprietorship under the trade name Hwayo Garments Manufacturers Company, Padini was initially engaged in the manufacture and wholesale of ladies wear. The company subsequently added men’s and children’s lines to its offerings when it established its first three brands from 1975 – 1987. In 1988, Padini discarded its role as wholesaler to take up the role of consignor. Thereafter, the first single-brand store distributing Seed was opened in 1992 in Sungei Wang Plaza, Kuala Lumpur. The company has nine labels in its family of brands and retail in 330 freestanding stores, franchised outlets and consignment counters in Malaysia and around the world. The company’s subsidiaries include Vincci Ladies’ Specialties Centre Sdn. Bhd., which is engaged in dealing of ladies’ shoes and accessories; Padini Corporation Sdn Bhd., Seed Corporation Sdn. Bhd., Yee Fong Hung (Malaysia) SendirianBerhad (Yee Fong Hung) and Padini International Limited, which is engaged in dealing of garments and ancillary products; Padini Dot Com Sdn. Bhd. (Padini Dot Com), which is engaged in provision of management services, and Mikihouse Children’s Wear Sdn. Bhd. (Mikihouse), which is engaged in dealing of children’s garments, maternity wear and accessories. Tizio was introduced to the public with the opening of its first outlet in Mid Valley Megamall in Nov 2012 and