Essay on ARTICLE SUMMARY
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
_T_ 1. An ethical hacker is a person who performs most of the same activities a cracker does, but with the owner or company’s permission.
__T__ 2. Even though the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is not geared toward the technical IT professional, it has become one of the standards for many security professionals.
__F__ 3. To retrieve e-mail from a mail server, you most likely access port 119.
__T__ 4. An octal digit can be represented with only three bits because the largest digit in octal is seven.
__F__ 5. A hex number is written with two characters, each representing a byte.
__F_ 6. Macro viruses are hard to …show more content…
27. To determine what resources or shares are on a network, security testers must first determine what ____services_______ is being used via port scanning and footprinting.
28. Nessus can be used to enumerate Windows OSs, as well as ____Linux___ systems.
29. RPC stands for ____Remote Procedure Call_.
30. How can DNS be used for footprinting?
DNS uses name servers to resolve names. After you determine what name server a company is using, you can attempt to transfer all the records for which the DNS server is responsible. This process, called a zone transfer, can be done with the Dig command. To determine a company's primary DNS server, you can look for a DNS server containing a Start of Authority (SOA) record. An SOA record shows for which zones or IP addresses the DNS server is responsible. After you determine the primary DNS server, you can perform another zone transfer to see all host computers on the company network. In other words, the zone transfer give you an organization's network diagram. You can use this information to attack other servers or computers that are part of the network infrastructure.
31. Why is ATM shoulder surfing much easier than computer shoulder surfing?
ATM theft is much