2. B.C.E.: This means before common era and it relates to democracy because in Athens during B.C.E, they had a system of democracy running where everyone citizen was able to vote and that is how we got direct democracy.
3. C.E.: This means Common Era and it relates to democracy because Europe heard and began to follow democracy during 150 CE.
4. A.D.: This means in the year of the lord.
5. Hammurabi: Hammurabi was the king of Babylon who came up with the Code of Hammurabi. He is know for these laws and they relate to democracy because it was a stepping stone towards democracy as the laws and consequences were posted in stone for everyone to see them. …show more content…
Code of Hammurabi: The Code of Hammurabi were strict rules made by Hammurabi himself. They relate to democracy because they were both ways which helped run the government. Democracy was voting and power by the people. The Code of Hammurabi were laws created to run the government and one stated that if you made someone loose an eye, then you would too.
7. Magna Carta: The Magna Carta was created by King John in 1215. It was created as a peace treaty to resolve tension between different groups. It relates to democracy because some ideas from the Magna Carta were incorporated into the ideas of democracy.
8. Democracy: Democracy means people power. Democracy is a system of government where people vote on what they believe is right. Two main parts of democracy are direct and representative. Direct democracy is when people directly vote on what is going on in their country/state/city. Representative democracy is when the people elect representative to make decisions based on what we believe.
9. Direct Democracy: Direct democracy is when citizens directly vote on what they believe that is going on where they live.
10. Representative Democracy: Representative democracy is when people of that state or country elect representatives to make decisions based on what us citizens