Anatomy And Physiology And Describe Their Subdivisions Essay
- Anatomy studies the structure of body parts and their relationships to one another. Body structures can be seen, felt, and examined closely.
- Gross, or macroscopic, anatomy: Study of large body structures visible to the naked eye, such as the heart, lungs and kidneys.
- Regional anatomy, all the structures (muscles, bones, blood vessels, nerves, etc.) in a particular region of the body, such as the abdomen or leg, are examined at the same time. - Systemic anatomy- Body structure is studied system by system. When studying the cardiovascular system, you would examine the heart and the blood vessels of the entire body. - Surface anatomy- Study of internal structures as they relate to the overlying skin surface. Identifying the bulging muscles beneath a bodybuilder 's skin, and clinicians use it to locate appropriate blood vessels in which to feel pulses and draw blood. - Microscopic anatomy deals with structures to small to be seen with the naked eye.
Subdivisions of microscopic anatomy include cytology, which considers the cells of the body, and histology, study of tissues.
- Developmental anatomy: structural changes that occur throughout the life span.
- Embryology: A subdivision of developmental anatomy, concerns developmental changes that occur before birth. Some highly specialized branches of anatomy are used primarily for medical diagnoses and scientific research.
- Pathological anatomy…