Analysis Of The Movie ' Sleepless Night ' Essay
• Sam Baldwin (played by Tom Hanks) is a recently widowed dad who is trying to get over the loss of his wife and considering dating women again.
• Jonah Baldwin (played by Ross Malinger) is the son of Sam who calls a radio show to talk about his dad and how he needs to marry another woman.
• Annie Reed (played by Meg Ryan) a Baltimore woman that is recently engaged to a man named Walter, who tunes in to the radio show and realizes she is smitten with Sam.
• Walter (played by Bill Pullman) is a quirky man with many allergies who is engaged to Annie.
• Becky (played by Rosie O’Donnell) is Annie’s co-worker and best friend who she confides in about her secret crush on Sam, whom she’s never met. She also sends Annie’s crumpled up letter to Sam without Annie’s knowledge.
• Dr. Marcia Fieldstone (played by Caroline Aaron) is the host of a radio talk show that attempts to persuade Sam into finding a new partner.
• Jessica (played by Gaby Hoffman) is Jonah’s best friend in Seattle who helps him write to Annie and aids him in getting an airplane ticket to New York to meet Annie in person.
• Suzy (played by Rita Wilson) is Sam’s close friend that lives in Chicago and visits him in Seattle.
• Greg (played by Victor Garber) is married to Suzy and is also Sam’s close friend who goes to Seattle for a visit.
• Maggie Baldwin (played by Carey Lowell) is the deceased wife and mother of Sam and Jonah.
There are several relevant communication theories that are…