Analysis Of ' Thank You Ma ' Am `` By Langston Hughes Essay
“Thank You Ma’am” by Langston Hughes addresses multiple factors that influence the lives of all people. In reading the work factors such as family life, community, the justice system, cross-generational relationships, social issues, and culture, are all addressed.
The factors can impact students in the following way:
1. Family: Roger mentioned that no one was at his house at 11 o’clock at night. Students can discuss and learn about dysfunctional families and child neglect as this issues exist in literature.
2. Community: The “It takes a village to raise a child” phenomenon is addressed. Students can discuss how people other than their parents have influenced, guided, or even raised them through adolescence.
3. Justice: Students can draw inferences from the text and answer the question, “In today’s society, do you think Mrs. Jones would have called the cops?” Students can then discuss the difference between the community now and the community in early years.
4. Cross-Generations: In the story, a younger male learns from a wise woman. It signifies the importance of guidance and parental involvement.
5. Social Issues: Students can participate in collaborative…