Analysis Of Daisy 's House By F. Scott Fitzgerald Essay example
2. Nick is the narrator and tells the story as he is standing on the outside, looking at the other character’s lives. Nick has many advantages that are brought to light in the first chapter. One being, Nick receiving good moral education from his father. Additionally, Nick possessing the ability to distance himself from others to stay away from the foolishness that occurs.
3. During the first scene at Daisy’s house, the date is June 7, 1922. Daisy mentions that in two weeks it will be the longest day of the year, which is June 21st and two weeks prior happens to be June 7th.
4. Many facts become apparent about Nick in the first chapter. We learn Nick graduated from New Havens in 1915. We also learn that Nick lives beside Jay Gatsby and that Daisy is Nick 's second cousin once removed. Lastly, we learn that Nick and Tom knew each other in college. Additionally, I believe that Nick will be an honest and trustworthy narrator.
5. The image that the author uses to describe Jordan Baker is a young cadet. The image reveals that Jordan walks and stands in proper posture, and acts like a proper lady.
6. Nick is immediately attracted to Jordan, he is speechless when he first sees her, and later on, can be quoted as saying that he enjoyed looking at her.
7. Tom 's behaviour reveals that he is not liked. His character becomes more disliked as the story progresses. Also, Tom is the…