An Example Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids Essay
• Visceral Fat is fat around organs. Its function is to insulate and protect organs.
• Subcutaneous Fat is under the skin. This fat protects and insulate our body. Fat (visceral and subcutaneous) stores energy.
• Omega-3 fatty acids have the first double bond on the third carbon counting from the carbon in the methyl end. These are essential fatty acids (our body can’t produce them). Alpha-linolenic is an example of omega-3 fatty acid.
• Omega-6 fatty acids have the first double bond on the sixth carbon counting from the carbon in the methyl end. These are essential fatty acids, because our body cannot produce fatty acids with double bond before the ninth carbon. Linoleic acid is an example of omega-6 fatty acid
• Metabolic syndrome. We talk about metabolic Syndrome if person has any three of the following conditions: o Excess abdominal fat o High blood glucose o High serum triglycerides o Low HDL cholesterol o High blood pressure
• Cholesterol is a lipid with multiple ring structure. It is important part of cell membranes and precursor for sterol hormones (sex hormones testosterone and estrogen), can be used to make vitamin D and it’s used in liver to make bile.
• Complete proteins supply all essential amino acids in the proportion the body needs.
• Incomplete proteins are missing one or more essential amino acids.
• Nitrogen balance is…