Amul Milk Case Study
In laboratories all the raw material, ingredients, products in progress, finished products as well as packaging materials are tested for their physical, chemical and microbiological quality to maintain hygienic condition in the production area.
There are the three main quality control /assurances laboratory at Amul dairy is as follows:
Milk reception Laboratory at Amul-2
Milk reception Laboratory at Amul-3
In the Reception lab of Amul – 2, mainly the quality of Raw milk, Flavored milk and Dried milks are tested.
The tests done in the Reception lab of Amul – 3 include the analysis of Raw milk as well as Pasteurized milk.
The Central Laboratory is the main lab where all the in process checks, finished product analysis, packaging tests, water analysis and microbiological tests are done.
1) Milk reception laboratory at Amul-2
In Amul-2 laboratory there are checkup of
Raw …show more content…
Milkoscan Fat, SNF, Protein, Lactose Determination
2. Food scan Fat, moisture, Protein, Lactose of butter, cheese
3. Auto Titrators Acidity Determination
4. Conductivity Meters Conductivity of CIP Chemicals
5. Microwave Moisture Analyzer Moisture Detection
6. IR Moisture Analyzer Moisture Detection
7. Stamp Volumeter Density of Powder
8. Bursting Strength Analyzer For Packaging Material
9. pH Meter pH Measurement
10. Solubility Index Mixer Solubility Index of Powder
11. Electronic Weighing Balance For Weighing Purpose
12. Gerber Centrifuge For Determination of Fat
13. Muffle Furnaces For Ash
14. Spectronic 20 For colour determination
15. Oxygene analyzer For determination of Oxygen content in packages
16. Bulk Density Apparatus For determining Bulk density
17. Electric Hot Plate For heating purpose
18. Remi centrifuge For determination of insolubility index
19. Refractometer For determination of Refractive Index
20 Food Scan For chemical analysis of butter & powder
1) Solubility Index o Take 50 ml reconstituted milk o Transfer milk in solubility index tube ( 50 ml) o Centrifuge it, 1100 rpm /5 min. o Check the solubility index of settled powder.
2) Moisture % o Take 2 gm powder o Put in automatic moisture analyzer / 5