Essay American Contibution to the Philippines
1. Independence - America helped the Philippines to eliminate the Spaniards in the country thus helping the Filipinos to end the suffering from the Spanish reign. This was the first step of the country to stand on their own and start a new beginning.
2. Government -we adapted and patterned some of our constitution with the Americans'.
3 Sports - Filipino favourite sport had been basketball, and other foreign sports instead of the national sports which is sipa.
4. Western style of clothing - this was also adapted as it is evident with the radical change from the conservative Maria Clara to the daring trends of fashion of the modern era
5. Communication - The Americans brought English, the …show more content…
Contribution of Americans to the Philippines
1. Ecomonic Progress: - Population Explosion - New Land Policy - Agriculture Increase - Free Trade America - Business Flourished - New Industries - Improvements of Transportation and Communication - Better Budget - New Banks - International Exhibitions and Meetings
Economic Problems( NEGATIVE) - We sold our raw materials cheap and bought expensive manufactured goods from America. - Colonial Mentality - Labor and peasant unrest spread in 1920s and 1930s - American Capitalists and businessmen controlled the new companies. - Filipino values like “pagmamano” was replaced by saying HI or HELLO. - Filipino food