Almarai Information Essay
COURSE TITLE: Cost Accounting
COURSE NUMBER: EBA 213
PREREQUISITES: EBA 101, EBA 102
CREDIT HOURS: 3
DEVELOPER: Professor Simon Saltz
LAST UPDATE: December 1,2003
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Cost accounting focuses on cost determination for manufacturers, products and services. This includes the establishment and maintenance of job order and process cost systems, and the classification of costs as product or period, direct or indirect. Also included are managerial techniques and systems such as budgeting and variance analysis, which enable a business to manage its …show more content…
2. Costing Systems Job order and process costing , overhead and applied, allocating indirect costs to production, adjusting over- applied and under-applied overhead.
3. Process Cost Systems Steps for solving process cost problem, weighted average and FIFO methods, transfers between production departments.
4. Spoilage Normal and abnormal spoilage, process costing and spoilage, job order costing and spoilage.
5.Cost, Volume, Profit Relationships Breakeven analysis, contribution margin, sensitivity analysis.
6. Introduction to Budgeting and Variance Analysis Static and flexible budgets.
7. Flexible Budgeting and Standard Cost Systems Levels of variance analysis, price and volume variances, direct materials, direct labor, variable and fixed overhead variance analyses, standard costing journal entries.
8. Alternative Inventory Costing Methods Absorption costing and variable costing.
9. Joint Products. and Byproducts Allocation methods -physical quantity and net realizable value.
10. Introduction to Capital Budgeting
Net present value, payback period, internal rate of return, accounting rate of return.