African American and Black People Essay
End of chapter question Chapter 12-20
1 . What issues most concerned black political leaders during Reconstruction? Reconstruction brought important social changes to former slaves. Families that had been separated before and during the Civil War were reunited, and slave marriages were formalized through legally recognized ceremonies. Families also took advantage of the schools established by the Freedmen's Bureau and the expansion of public education, albeit segregated, under the Reconstruction legislatures. New opportunities for higher education also became available with the founding soon after the Civil War of black colleges, such as Howard University in Washington, D.C., and Fisk University in Nashville, …show more content…
3. Why did the South experience an epidemic of violence? and lynching in the late nineteenth century? Because people wanted revenge upon people in the south
4. Why didn’t more black people leave the South in this period? Because they was afraid of what people from the south might do to them.
1. How did the strategies promoted by Booker
T. Washington differ from those of W. E. B. Du Bois and the NAACP? Which were more effective?
W.E.B Du Bois wanted people to work for the things they wanted. Booker T Washington wanted people to find a trade and work for the stuff they want. W.E.B Du Bois was more effective because the black community wanted to be educated was the can understand things .
2. Assess Washington’s contributions to the advancement of black people? Booker T Washington wanted people to find a trade and work for the stuff they want.
3. How did middle-class and prosperous black people try to contribute to progress for their race? Were their efforts effective? They efforts were effective they seen that it was possible for blacks to advance in life and they wanted to progress.
4. Why did most African Americans support U.S. participation in World War I? Was that support justified? Because they loved their country, and wanted to support their families.
6. Why did many black people leave