1. Which of the following process is used to increase toughness of material?
a) Annealing b) Tempering* c) Normalizing
2. Which of the following process is to relieve internal stress?
a) Annealing b) Casting c) Normalizing*
3. Aircraft bolt is what class of fit?
a) 1 b) 3* c) 5
4. Pro-seal B1/2. The “1/2” means?
a) ½ hour application time* b) 50% sealant 50% accelerator. c) Shelf Life is ½ year from manufacturing life.
5. Which two types of corrosion requires changing of the component.
a) Pitting and fretting b) Intergranular and exfoliation* c) Surface and stress
6. A combination of residual …show more content…
a) Iron b) Copper c) Titanium*
15. Stainless steel contain
a) 18% Carbon and 8% Chromium b) 18% Titanium and 8% Vanadium c) 18% Chromium and 8% Nickel*
16. Which of the following steel alloys has the best high temperature characteristic?
a) Inconnel* b) Stainless steel c) Carbon steel
17. Electrical cables that are expose to the highest temperature on an aircraft are found in the
a) Wings b) Fuselage c) Engine*
18. The properties of Inconel most closely resemble which of the following steels
a) High carbon steel b) Stainless steel* c) Mild steel
19. Strength of internal wrench MS bolt compared to AN bolt is
a) Same b) Higher* c) Smaller
20. After re-heating, 2024 rivets should be driven within:
a) 1 – 2 Days b) 1 – 2 Hours c) 10 – 20 Minutes*
21. Yellow coloured composite cloth is likely to be made from?
a) Aramid Fibre* b) Boron Fibre c) Carbon Fibre
22. What does the 0 in 2024-T3 mean?
a) The alloy has been modified b) The percentage of impurities in the alloy c) The alloy has not been modified*
What type of a test involves stretching material until it breaks?
a) Fatigue Testing b) Tensile Testing* c) Hardness Testing
23. When hot stamping the