Aed 222 All Assignments , Checkpoints , Dqs , Matrix and Final Project
Click Here To Download Entire Class
1. Assignment: Special Education and the Principles of NCLB 2001
• Refer to Ch. 2 (pp. 42-45) of Special Education for Today’s Teachers.
• Identify how each of the five core principles of NCLB 2001—strong accountability, expanded flexibility and control, methods based on scientific research, expanded options for parents, and highly qualified teachers—might affect diverse learners, both positively and negatively.
• Write a 350- to 700-word paper, addressing the potential pros and cons of each principle.
• Format your paper according to APA standards, including in-text citations and a …show more content…
o Definition of the exceptionality o Classification criteria and characteristics o Prevalence o Associated educational practices o Any additional relevant information
2. Assignment: The Controversy of Medication
• Resources: Ch. 7 & 9 of Special Education for Today’s Teachers and Medicating Kids videos
• Watch the Medicating Kids videos at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/medicating/watch/
• Determine the benefits of the medications and the concerns associated with treating EBD and ADHD with medication using the Medicating Kids videos and Ch. 7 & 9 of Special Education for Today’s Teachers as references.
• Write a 350- to 700-word paper that includes the following:
o Your personal opinion about the highly controversial topic of medicating children for EBD or ADHD o Supporting facts and data o Possible alternate treatments
• Format your paper according to APA standards, including in-text citations and a reference page if additional resources are used.
1. CheckPoint: The Life of a Special Education Teacher
• Watch the Students to Students: Classroom Application – Severe and Sensory video at http://www.pearsoncustom.com/az/axia_sped/ and review My Profession, My Story: Pat Mims on pp. 321–322.
• Explain in a 200- to 300-word response the different