Advantages Of Peer To Peer Sharing Network
The following paper begins on the basic fundamentals of why sharing is necessary and how sharing led to the revolution and also evolution of today 's modern INTERNET from the basic ARPANET. Then it tries to compare the client server model and peer to peer model along with various advantages and disadvantages about the same as well. Then discussing the two most important peer to peer sharing protocols which are Bit torrent and Dc++ and their advantages.
Index Terms—ARPANET,Bit torrent,Dc++,
efore we reach to the main topic of this term paper, we need to reflect about and think for a second, why was there a need to develop, social networking sites ,video sharing sites ,news sites and many other useful blogs, different protocols for our ease, basically internet . When we ask ourselves this question we …show more content…
8) Servers can play different roles for different clients.
V. DISADVANTAGES OF CLIENT SERVER MODEL WHEN COMPARED WITH PEER TO PEER
1) Congestion in Network :Too many requests from the clients may lead to congestion, which rarely takes place in P2P network. Overload can lead to breaking-down of servers. In peer-to-peer, the total bandwidth of the network increases as the number of peers increase.
2) Client-Server architecture is not as robust as a P2P and if the server fails, the whole network goes down. Also, if you are downloading a file from server and it gets abandoned due to some error, download stops altogether. However, if there would have been peers, they would have provided the broken parts of file.
3) Cost : It is very expensive to install and manage this type of computing.
4) You need professional IT people to maintain the servers and other technical details of network.