Figure: Wi-Fi logo
Wi-Fi stands for wireless fidelity. Wi-Fi is the wireless network that used to connect the internet without wires. It’s based upon the radio technology. Many computers can be connected to each other through Wi-Fi and we can share files data and many of the other things through Wi-Fi. A Wi-Fi network operated just like a wired network, but without the restriction of wires, it not only enable user to share the data but it also provide easy connection to the internet and business network while travelling. It is the best wireless technology so far in the world. It is fairly easy to set up a Wi-Fi enable network at home or at office.
2. HISTORY AND DISCOVERY OF WIFI
Figure: …show more content…
DISADVANTAGES OF THE Wi-Fi TECHNOLOGY
As we know the most beneficial technology has some of its disadvantage the same is for the Wi-Fi technology let us look some of the disadvantages of the Wi-Fi:-
1. The Wi-Fi band that is used in Wi-Fi is 2.4GHz does not required any license in most of the countries provide that it stay below the limit of
2. 100mW and one accept interference from other device; including interference which cause the user device to no longer function.
3. Power consumption in the Wi-Fi technology is quite high as compare to other device that led to use the excess battery and liberation of heat.
4. The Wi-Fi has unlicensed 2.4GHz spectrum which may cause degradation in performance because it often crowed with other device such as Bluetooth, microwave ovens, cordless phone etc.
5. Wi-Fi network also have a very limited range. A home Wi-Fi router might have a range of45m indoors and 90m outdoors.
6. The most common wireless encryption standard, WEP has been showed to be breakable even after correctly configured.
7. The Wi-Fi modem use dangerous electromagnetic radiation to send the signals to your computer through walls. This electromagnetic radiation can harm you and cause many of the