• Physical or external level- The database system can show for the users the part of the database what they need to use.
• Conceptual or Logical level- According to Connolly (2003) this level is “The community view of the database. This level describes what data is stored in the database and the relationships among the data.” This …show more content…
Disadvantages: Hard to find expert user, poor monitoring tools
Microsoft SQL server-
According to the http://www.computerweekly.com/ it is the third biggest selling database eg TFL. According to the www.techwalla.com these are the advantages and disadvantages about MSQL:
• Advantages- Enterprise-grade management software, excellent data recovery support
• Disadvantages- Cost and limited compatibility
Sybase- According to www.searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com Airtel (Spanish telecommunication operator), Telstra (Australian telecommunications provider) or Primark use Sybase. According to the http://infocenter.sybase.com website these are the disadvantages:
• It usually speeds retrieval but can slow data modification.
• It is always application-specific and must be revaluated if the application changes.
• It can increase the size of tables.
• In some instances, it simplifies coding; in others, it makes coding more complex.
I would recommend for Reading College to use Oracle because as a HE/FE college, we will need to deal with huge amount of data, the database need to be in stable and