Adoption of Leed as a Green Building Rating System in Nigeria
Adoption of LEED® as a Green Building Rating System in Nigeria
Going Green In Nigeria
Green building rating systems are in a state of constant flux and often differ from region to region. Regardless, fundamental principles persist from which the rating system is derived. These include sustainable sites and structure design efficiency, water efficiency, energy efficiency, materials efficiency, indoor environmental quality, operations and maintenance optimization, innovation and design process, waste and toxic reduction etc. The essence of green building is an optimization of one or more of these principles.
The green building rating system, LEED® …show more content…
In sum, the following aspects of the building design are looked into in an integrated way in a green building:
* Site planning
* Building envelope design
* Building system design ((HVAC) heating ventilation and air conditioning, lighting, electrical, and water heating)
* Integration of renewable energy sources to generate energy onsite.
* Water and waste management
* Selection of ecologically sustainable materials (with high recycled content, rapidly
renewable resources with low emission potential, etc.).
* Indoor environmental quality (maintain indoor thermal and visual comfort, and air
Some of the benefits of a green design to a building owner, user, and the society as a whole are as follows:
* Reduced energy consumption…