Essay on Acc 567 Problem 4
a. Provide the required adjusting entries at the end of 2011, assuming that the December 31, 2011, balance of Inventory of Supplies has been confirmed by physical count. Make entries in the general journals of both the General Fund (omitting subsidiary detail) and governmental activities at the government-wide level.
b. Assume that the General Fund uses the …show more content…
8. Because of a change in state law, the city was notified that it will receive $80,000 less in intergovernmental revenues than was budgeted.
9. Total payroll during the year was $819,490. Of that amount, $62,690 was withheld for employees’ FICA tax liability, $103,710 for employees’ federal income tax liability, and $34,400 for state taxes; the balance was paid to employees in cash.
10. The employer’s FICA tax liability was recorded for $62,690.
11. Revenues from sources other than taxes were collected in the amount of $946,700.
12. Amounts due the federal government as of April 30, 2011, and amounts due for FICA taxes, and state and federal withholding taxes during the year were vouchered.
13. Purchase orders and contracts encumbered in the amount of $1,988,040 were filled at a net cost of $1,987,570, which was vouchered.
14. Vouchers payable totaling $2,301,660 were paid after deducting a credit for purchases discount of $8,030 (credit Expenditures).
15. The tax anticipation note of $300,000 was repaid.
16. All unpaid current year’s property taxes became delinquent. The balances of the current tax receivables and related uncollectibles were transferred to delinquent accounts.
17. A physical inventory of materials and supplies at April 30, 2011, showed a total of $19,100. Inventory is