Acc 375 Accounting Ethics and Professional Regulations Essay
ACC 375 Week 1 Assignment Understanding Ethics Matrix
Resource: Understanding Ethics Matrix located on the student website
Complete the Understanding Ethics Matrix by writing a short paragraph for each theory by considering the following:
• Give a brief summary of each theory.
• Identify the history and major proponents or theorists of each theory.
• Define the terms utility, justice, and liberty under each theory.
• Describe how each theory advocates the distribution of resources.
Cite all …show more content…
Create a 1,050- to 1,400-word training manual to introduce the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and describe its implications to the company. Create your training manual in the Microsoft Office® format of your choice, such as Word®, Publisher®, or PowerPoint®. If you opt to use PowerPoint®, include comprehensive speaker notes.
Research using your textbooks and at least two outside sources.
Include the following information:
• The reasons the act was brought forth and the role of accounting in making ethical decisions
• The current U.S. accounting rule-making bodies (FASB, SEC and PCAOB) and their influence regarding this act
• The documentation standards that the company must adopt to be in compliance with the act
• The changes required to hold management accountable for ensuring that internal controls function properly
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
DQ1: Explain the differences among the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
DQ2: What concepts of independence and integrity mean to the accounting profession?
DQ3: According to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, what does it mean to serve the public