1. Don't Intentionally Misrepresent Anything. Never, Never, Never Lie to a Customer. About Anything. Ever. Period. 2. Fix Any Important Misunderstandings That You Can. It's Possible That Your Customer Will Form
ETHICAL AND LEGAL
Glengarry Glen Ross • What were the principal ethical predicaments which Sheldon Levine (Jack Lemmon) and his cohorts faced?
• How could Shelley's extenuating circumstances justify his actions?
• What types of external pressures influenced the salespeople's unethical selling practices?
• How did the sales manager (Kevin Spacey) and top management (Mitch & Murray) foster the unethical practices?
• How the nameless motivational speaker (Alec Baldwin) address the issues of ethics?
• How does Dave Moss (Ed Harris), rationalize breaking the law?
• How does George Aaronow(Alan Arkin) violate rules of ethics? • What was unethical about Ricky Roma's (Al Pacino) …show more content…
• ETHICS AND JOB TENURE
1. You may be held legally accountable for inaction
2. Recent rulings encourage whistle blowing
3. Sometimes the best policy may be to keep quiet until solid evidence can be accumulated against a wrongdoer.
4. A word of caution… inaction can even be grounds for legal action.
How Does the Company Treats the Salesperson
1. Some incentives encourage fudging
2. Management may not be accessible to help with dilemmas
3. Do control mechanisms exist for
a. Customer complaints
b. Salesperson dissatisfaction
c. Expense accounts
4. Are sales goals impossible
5. Be sure managers fairly manage the distribution of sales territories
• SEXUAL HARASSMENT
A. Nearly 16000 complaints per year
B. Look for a harassment policy including
A. Company Leadership
B. Immediate complaint investigation
C. Privacy rights protected
D. Thorough follow up
E. Sensitivity training
F. Review training for comprehension
G. Periodic refresher courses
• ETHICS AS GOOD BUSINESS
A. Unethical activity costs business
B. Check Points in Ethical Decision-Making
1. Is it legal?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Would I want someone else to act this way to me?
4. How would I explain my actions to someone else?
5. How will it make me feel about myself?