- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
18 Cards in this Set
Which of the following terms is
interchangeable with fundamentals of
1. Total quality leadership
2. Motivational theory
3. Basic principles of leadership
4. Principles of supervision
(3) The term fundamentals of leadership
refers to the art of influencing people to work
toward a specific goal.
When you realize you have made a wrong
decision, admit your mistake, accept the
1. criticize others for the mistake
2. don’t let subordinates know of your
3. take steps to avoid repeating the error
4. do nothing else
(3) A successful leader will neither criticize
others for his or her mistake nor hide this
mistake from subordinates. Taking steps to
avoid repeating the error is the appropriate
action when an error has been committed.
An effective leader should recognize that
people as individuals have different values
1) Since an individual’s values and beliefs
are influenced by childhood experiences,
ethnic background, and religious heritage, an
effective leader should take these differences
into account in his or her leadership.
Which of the following traits is/are common
to all successful leaders?
4. All of the above
(3) Initiative, dedication and accountability
are traits that are common to all successful
What level of human behavior is the most
(3) Survival consists of the basics we need to
sustain life, thus it is the most important level
of human behavior.
When dealing with people, you can NOT
change which of the following human traits?
2. Thought processes
4. Emotional makeup
(4) Every person has different wants and
desires; therefore, he or she has a different
emotional makeup that cannot be changed.
Not understanding the technical language of
your rate results in which of the following
1. Poor communication
2. Failure to advance in rate
3. Misinterpretation of official publications
4. All of the above
4) Without a proper understanding of the
technical language of your rate, you will be
unable to communicate effectively, and will
misinterpret official publications. These
problems will affect your advancement.
A8. (1) When reporting status, do not stretch the
When reporting status to a superior there are
four “B’s” to remember: Be on time, Be
accurate, Be brief, and Be
(1) When reporting status, do not stretch the
truth nor take up more of your superior’s time
than is absolutely necessary.
Which of the following is not an acceptable
sign of appreciation for a job well done?
1. A simple pat on the back
2. Promising an award
3. Positive counseling sheet
4. Meritorious captain’s mast
(2) You should never promise an award
because awards come through the chain of
What type of feedback is given when job
performance standards are not being met?
(2) Constructive feedback is used help the
individual improve his or her performance.
Which of the following is not a type of
advising and counseling session?
(4) The four types of advising and counseling
sessions are personal, career, performance,
Why should improvements under the
continuous improvement program be
1. To make the improvement available
2. To recognize the individual that came
up with the improvement
3. To reduce expenditures for similar tasks
4. To maintain the improvements within
(1) Improvements under the continuous
improvement program should be standardized
to make the improvements available to
everyone. Standardization results in ease of
use and will meet all applicable standards.
What is one of the most important challenges
we face as petty officers when dealing with
(1) Top performance from our Navy
personnel can be expected only when their
knowledge and skills are up to the
requirements for their billets.
Which of the following is not a responsibility
of the training petty officer?
1. Develop monthly training schedules
2. Oversee preparation of training materials
3. Maintain training records
4. Assign personnel to fleet and service
(4) Assignment to fleet and service schools is
not the responsibility of the training petty
officer. This decision is made by the Sailor’s
chain of command.
During a class discussion, what questioning
technique should be used?
1. Yes or no
2. Thought provoking
3. Closed ended
(2) By using thought-provoking questions in a
classroom discussion, all participants are
encouraged to voice their opinions and
thoughts about the material.
After instruction, when the trainee is required REVIEW QUESTION
physically to repeat the steps in a procedure,
what method of teaching should have been
used by the instructor?
(3) Procedures that will be physically
repeated by a trainee require a physical
demonstration in order for them to observe
and later perform the procedure.
Training aids should be in plain view when
classroom instruction begins.
(2) Exposed training aids may distract the
group’s attention from other steps in the
After what inactive period of time must
members of the CTT repeat formal training?
1. 12 months
2. 18 months
3. 24 months
4. 30 months
(3) Members who are inactive in the CTT
process for a period of 24 months must repeat