- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
3 Cards in this Set
The fundamentals of legal research are the same in every American jurisdiction. (T/F)
True; the fundamentals of legal research are the same in every American jurisdiction; DETAILS vary.
What are the 2 main forms in which legal information can be found?
The 2 main forms in which legal information can be found are print and online material.
What is the basic process of legal research for Print Material?
1. Decide on how you will track your research. [from lecture]
2. Generate a list of research terms
3. Consult secondary sources
4. Find any controlling constitutional provisions and statutes.
5. Find any controlling administrative regulations and related administrative law
6. Gather citations to relevant cases by reviewing secondary sources
7. Use citators to update or "Shepardize" your legal authorities