Study your flashcards anywhere!
Download the official Cram app for free >
- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
- Read Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
2 Cards in this Set
1) Mobilize local informal social organizations and social control among law-abiding citizens
2) Overcome influence of delinquent peers and adults in neighborhoods
3) Counteract effects of social disorganization
4) Provide more association with conventional adults/peers
2) Capable lower-class adults, committed to conventional ways
3) Variation from hood to hood with support and cooperation received
4) Leaders argued that organized intervention with delinquent youth and gangs actually ENCOURAGED delinquency
5) Delinquency rates reduced in 4 areas
6) Delinquency rates had no effect/increased in 2 areas.