- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
4 Cards in this Set
Name some of the steps a facilitator may take in the act of Consensus Building
1. Identifying/recruiting appropriate representatives to participate in the consensus building sessions.
2. Guiding participants to set the agenda and process.
3. Identifying and analyzing the problem with participants.
4. Evaluating possible solutions.
5. Directing the group through the decision-making process.
6. Obtaining finalization and unanimous approval of solution.
Name some of the 10 Consulting Skills experts agree are imperative for all PR professionals who serve as consultants for PR programming.
1. Creativity to offer new solutions/messages/options
2. Good communication skills
3. In-depth knowledge of the issues being addresses
4. Respect for the individual/group requesting consultation
5. Understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
6. Cultural competence and proficiency
7. Vision to look beyond the obvious to suggest new possibilities.
8. A team/partnership approach to work with the individual or group.
9. Leadership in setting an example for others to follow.
10. Flexibility in facilitating change or adapting to changing needs.
What is Negotiation?
Negotiation is the use of information and power to affect behavior. (Cohen)
What are the three critical elements that are always present in negotiation?
1. Information: You may perceive that the other side knows more about you and your needs than you know about them and their needs.
2. Time: You may perceive that the other side is not under the same kind of time constraints or deadlines as you experience.
3. Power: You may perceive that the other side has more power and authority than you think you have. (Cohen)