- Shuffle Toggle OnToggle Off
- Alphabetize Toggle OnToggle Off
- Front First Toggle OnToggle Off
- Both Sides Toggle OnToggle Off
- Read Toggle OnToggle Off
How to study your flashcards.
Right/Left arrow keys: Navigate between flashcards.right arrow keyleft arrow key
Up/Down arrow keys: Flip the card between the front and back.down keyup key
H key: Show hint (3rd side).h key
A key: Read text to speech.a key
2 Cards in this Set
What does the ratio of insulin/glucagon in the absorptive state allow for, in terms of glucose transport? (In muscle tissue? in liver? What happens to fat?)
1. Because of the high insulin/glucagon ratio, glucose transport into muscle and adipose tissue is favored.
2. Liver's capacity to phosphorylate glucose increases (Glucose --> G-6-P). Glycolysis is favored over gluconeogenesis
3. Lipogenesis is favored over lipolysis
What defines the post-absorptive period?
Period where hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, hyperaminoacidemia returns to normal, and contents of small intestine have been absorbed.